PC

Peace Corps Volunteer Experiences: August 31, 2010 to November 24, 2012


Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"Mama! Vienen los gringos!"

Let me tell you, I eat platanos and beans and rice and cheese every day. It´s okay. Today I ate some meat. I´ll get to that. All my showers are cold, and my dog, Pupi, likes to hump everyone. I saw the biggest pig I have ever seen in my life on the street in my pueblo, and the group of trainees that are living in Niquinohomo had our first conversation about poop. See, I consider conversations about poo and pooing schedules a real milestone when I am becoming friends with someone. I was so happy. I am in love with Julie´s nephew who is about seven years old and whose name is Pablito. I wasn´t sure if I wanted a mother-daughter relationship with my host mom or a more equal kind of relationship since I´m trying to seem legit and adultlike but there was an incident and she has managed to give me a middle ground somehow. I´m a little overwhelmed with things I have to do. My days are full of spanish and only spanish except for a small hour or two when the trainees hang out or have work to do together. Tomorrow is our first meeting with our youth group. We´re playing some camp games and talking about english. Or at least thats the plan. Also I think Kati, the parrot, hates me. Whenever I go near her jaula (yes I am making you look words up) she backs away slowly while looking at me suspiciously. But I think she has a crush on Sam. Today I played basketball with some volunteers and kids and that was fun.
I have a ton of reading to do, I feel like I´m in college again, but it´s okay.
My family is awesome, my grandpa likes to talk, and I took a video of my sisters and cousin singing California Girls while looking at the lyrics online. I think I might go out dancing with my mom and her sister in law on saturday night and then do a little sightseeing in Leon on Sunday.
I will post a phone number and address where you can send stuff DURING TRAINING ONLY hopefully next time.

K I gotta go I hope I didn´t forget anything. My mom cooked something mixed with eggs that she didnt think was meat but it was but I felt like I should eat it so she wouldnt feel bad so I did. Some kind of mixture of pork and chicken. Just a little bit. There will probably be more.

K, time for homework.

1 comment: