PC

Peace Corps Volunteer Experiences: August 31, 2010 to November 24, 2012


Sunday, September 12, 2010

Ï´m in Miami BITCH!¨

I forgot to mention this refresco that is basically oatmeal mixed with water and sugar. It´s aite. Today I had this really good ginger drink. Last night I went out with my mom and my aunt and some of their other adult friends including a gay guy and it was WILD and hilarioussss. I feel I shouldn´t post details here. I also have this disclaimer that I have to post which I will soon about how this blog does not reflect the opinion of the Peace Corps or the US government. Yesterday, I dressed one of my sisters up in a sari and she proceeded to find a sticker to put on her forehead and put on bangles and run around the house having her other sister take pictures of her in various ¨Indian¨ poses. Then we had raas-garba lessons that evening. Friday we went to Managua for a vaccination and a technical training session and we were fed non'Nicaraguan food so we stuffed our faces with things that did not include plantains and rice and beans and cheese. I´d say the first youth group meeting was a success, but the real test is seeing if they come back for the next one.
My internet time is running out, so I will have to post more laterrr.
Take care everyone.

1 comment:

  1. was it like the time you had to dress me up in a sari before banquet "shinde style" because i was incompetent?

    ReplyDelete