PC

Peace Corps Volunteer Experiences: August 31, 2010 to November 24, 2012


Sunday, September 5, 2010

I have absolutely amazing luck with host families.
I spent my first night in Niquinohomo at a gay beauty pageant in Masatepe (a nearby city).
I live in a house with this courtyard thing in the middle, with a parrot that can bark like a dog, named Kati (Katie?) , and two dogs, one named China and the other Pupi (Puppy?).
I have internet access in my house, when there is electricity, but I am gonna try not to get carried away.
There isnt running water a lot of the time so I think the majority of my showers, or all, are gonna be cold.
I am still tired all the time.
My sisters like Twilight and Jonas Brothers and Justin Bieber. Which is perfect.
My room is adorable.
My mom is separated from her husband.
My abuela is pretty much deaf but shes gonna teach me how to cook.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! Your host family could not sound more perfect for you. And I hope you took pictures at this gay beauty pageant thing. Can't wait to hear more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are having a marvelous time! Get some rest miss "I'm tired all the time" :):)

    ReplyDelete