PC

Peace Corps Volunteer Experiences: August 31, 2010 to November 24, 2012


Thursday, September 2, 2010

"I'm not here to bite at people. If I was here to bite at people, I wouldn't have danced."

Today I woke up at 5:45 in the morning to go for a walk by the lake (Lake Nicaragua) which is famous for having freshwater sharks that no one that I've spoken to has seen yet. Then breakfast and some more orientation-esque information that was difficult to sit through because I'm tired all the time, and then getting interviewed to see how good I am at Spanish, and getting my first cordobas (money) and more info, and wandering through the streets and becoming friends with people I will be parting with soon =( (Note to self, don't ever forget, someone talking to you about why they are doing peace corps, and saying they like to collect experiences, like pokemon cards, and that peace corps is like the "holographic charizard" LOL, even right now).

The fun begins after dinner. When bachata started playing, and one of our girls is a dance teacher, and one of the guys knows how to dance and they started dancing and then teaching us how to dance and then everyone was dancing! It was amazing and adorable.

And I think...things are falling into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment