PC

Peace Corps Volunteer Experiences: August 31, 2010 to November 24, 2012


Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Over the past few days I`ve been wondering if I really should have waited and taken a position doing health education, even if I wouldn`t have left already. Becuase it is so necessary in Nicaragua, its almost ridiculous how much people don`t know about nutrition. But in Nicaragua, the health volunteers mostly talk about HIVAIDS and prenatal health and I don`t know how qualified I am to lead conversations about sex and AIDS and make Nicaraguans feel comfortable talking about it when I don`t even know how comfortable I am talking about it.
But then when I`m motivated I`m pretty much happy.

1 comment:

  1. health education is definitely something that i want to do! :) i'm sure any conversation with you about any health topic would be totally fine because you're really easy to talk to! miss youuuu <3

    ReplyDelete