PC

Peace Corps Volunteer Experiences: August 31, 2010 to November 24, 2012


Sunday, October 24, 2010

"...y eso nejita bonita que puedo hacer para que no estes asi? ;-)"

Um, I´ve been a slacker here, sorry, but my head is in desperate need of emptying.
My mom has been making angry requests for photos and all I can say right now is that they are coming soon.
Two weeks ago I was sicker than I´ve ever been (I think) but now I´m a lot better con un poquito de tos. Last week we had this intense training week of teaching in Matagalpa, Matagalpa, and we got to stay in this AWESOME hostel que se llama La Buena Onda and it was actually opened by a PVC who went back after his service and stays 3 months at a time to run it as well as a bar in the same city. It´s pretty sweet. If you´re ever in Nicaragua you should definitely go to Matagalpa and you should definitely stay at La Buena Onda.
There is a lot of work to do tonight and this whole week in general. I have to plan a workshop session (with Sam and Julie) for Nicaraguan english teachers about interactive speaking activities, I have to plan a lecture for my youth group on tolerancia, I have to plan another youth group meeting I think Peace Corps wants us to teach reading but we want to do prepositions, that´s not important, what I was about to do was whine about Peace Corps training, but I am deciding not to, because it´s not necessary and I think I´m just a little homesick today.
Umm...we also have to revise our resumes and translate them into spanish this week. AND, to top it all off, I´ve been promised that I´m going to teach at least one class at the instituto this week, which is what I´ve been needing and wanting, but it´s just a busy week.

Um, I went to my sisters 19th bday celebration last night at a club in Managua, and it was pretty fun.

Everyone hold me to this: I will be serenaded before I leave Niquinohomo.

We find out our sites on Friday!!!! Eeekkk!!! I think I might cry or have some kind of similar physical reaction. Or not.

I feel like laughing really hard so as soon as you finish reading this please post a video on my facebook wall.

My Spanish has not improved as much as it should have and I´m not quite sure what I´m doing wrong.


I should go sort out my brain right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment