PC

Peace Corps Volunteer Experiences: August 31, 2010 to November 24, 2012


Sunday, March 18, 2012

Picture Updates

There is something that happens every year in Dolores called, 'El Tope' Well let me begin even farther back. Every town in Nicaragua has it's patron saint, and a day of the year that they celebrate that saint. So when the time comes in Diriamba, which is the town neighboring Dolores, there is a tradition where they carry their saint to Dolores, where it meets up with two other saints from two other nearby towns, and there's a little party in the streets. These are two of them, I forgot which town is which.

These dancer guys are always there. They are called El Gueguense. Look it up.

This was from an English summer camp I worked with. This was my group and my co teachers.


This is from a leadership camp I worked at. This is my group and they were great.


This piece of watermelon was smiley all by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment